How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Kelowna
Fall is upon us in Kelowna, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the perfect time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a big impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to consider when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna in Kelowna a call at 250-863-7902 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!