Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a good way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Consider these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your household. What is the purpose of your space? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for years to come.
- Forget your budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which can be beneficial when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna a call at 250-863-7902, check out our Kelowna showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.