Looking for New Windows in Your Kelowna, B.C. Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When buying windows for your restoration or new construction project, you most likely want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. As you make this important decision, consider these facts:
- Windows can impact the interior and exterior appearance of your Kelowna area home.
- Your window choice can make a measureable difference in your overall level of comfort and energy consumption.
- The quality of your windows can have a significant impact on the resale value of your Kelowna area house if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to review the style and function selections available, you will be pleased with your purchase and love the pleasure of gazing through your new windows for many years.
What questions should you contemplate when purchasing replacement windows for your Kelowna home?
- Will my new windows look good on my house? Remember that you are going to look through your replacement windows most often from in the home, not outside of it. Stand inside and study the view carefully; will the type of window and color fit with your home’s interior? Is the window accessible for regular cleaning? Can light flow into the home? And remember to stand outside from several different viewing positions to properly judge if the style of replacement window you are considering works with the overall façade of your Kelowna home.
- What is the energy efficiency rating of the windows I am considering? Get the facts relating to your windows that relate to their energy efficiency. Topics to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values measure the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Identify ratings of efficiency before you purchase a window to help lower heating and cooling spending and receive the most value for your investment.
- Will your new windows operate as you expect them to? Just like purchasing your vehicle, it is important to test operating your choice of window before you decide to purchase it. Can you open or shut the window easily? How much effort does it take to clean the window? Can the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window treatments undisturbed? If the window will be an emergency exit in case of fire, make sure it opens easily and offers an adequately-sized opening.
- How will you install the windows? Installing your windows is either blended with the overall purchase price or involves an outside contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- How easy is it to clean your new windows? The weather in the Kelowna area varies often. Outdoor elements such as wind, rain and snow can impact the appearance of your windows. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles for an easier way of keeping your windows clean and looking great for years.
- What color and hardware options are available? Color options can reflect your style and enhances the overall appeal of your Kelowna home. Some manufacturers offer few exterior color choices. Figure out what color schemes are in place for the windows you want. In addition, there are many window hardware options that should match with other hardware options in your home, such as cabinets, faucets and even appliances.
- How much will you pay? The philosophy ”you get what you pay for” applies to many products, and windows are no exception. The least expensive windows may not be your best buy. A quality window will be energy efficient and offer years of beauty and performance.
We invite you to visit Pella at the Kelowna area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at 250-863-7902.