Make Your House Look Cleaner Than it Actually is With These Tips
Keeping a tidy house is nearly impossible. Busy schedules make it tricky to keep your home clean–we get it. That’s why Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna has compiled a few easy cleaning tips so you can prepare for friends without cleaning all day. Use these tips to easily and effectively keep your home free of dust, grime, clutter and more to make it look cleaner than it actually is:
- Three T’s – If you only can spare a minute to tidy up your home before guests arrive, focus on the television, toilets and tabletops. These tend to be the three most seen surfaces in your home and can quickly be cleaned with a duster, disinfecting wipes or a cloth.
- Close the blinds – Kelowna sunshine can be your worst enemy when it comes to dust on your windows. Closing your window shades is an easy way to keep the dust out of direct sight and out of mind (for the time being). Upgrading your windows with snap-in, between-the-glass blinds or shades from Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna is a great solution, as well. These are installed between panes of glass and shielded from damage and dust—especially beneficial if you have curious little hands in the house.
- Use baskets – If you have a cluttered living space, grab a basket and place all your clutter into it so you can sort it out later when you have more time. This method can be used in many different parts of the house—don’t have a chance to fold clean laundry before you put a new load in? Use a “clean” hamper to keep everything separate and convenient. Hold all your toys in a bin or basket for easy access.
- Create a “junk drawer” – Looking for a pen, tape, or a notepad? Keep a junk drawer with all the little things you always need but seem to leave lying around. Creating a convenient stashing spot will make it more difficult to lose things.
- Flip couch cushions – Some couch cushions are reversible and can help give your living space a clean, fresh look if they are turned over. Fluff up your pillows and fold your blankets to keep your couch looking clean.
- Light a candle – A nice scent always makes a space feel fresh and clean. Candles add warm light and a nice aroma.
Follow these tips and your home can feel cleaner in minutes. Then, look to Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna for a variety of replacement window features that can keep your windows looking fresh for years to come. Visit our window and door professionals at our Kelowna showroom, or give us a call at 250-863-7902 or schedule an appointment with us online.