Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Cooler temps are heading our way in Kelowna and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often get higher. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial all year long, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors provide during Kelowna winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Kelowna experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to make a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to enter into your home. Chat with a professional to solve these issues before the colder temperatures hit Kelowna.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna in Kelowna a call at 250-863-7902 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.