Ready for a warm new look? Try a wood front door
Winters in Kelowna can bring a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and cloudy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home throughout this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna are made to complement your home and add warmth to your entryway. Each Pella Kelowna collection delivers a different style for your Kelowna home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for a timeless look.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection highlights simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to the home with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they walk up to your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that understand the types of wooden doors available to you through Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna, how do know if a wooden door is appropriate for your house? There are several advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are some things to think about:
- Because the doors are constructed from wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other distinct features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door your own. You can also showcase your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on your climate, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors commonly require an overhang, so you will want to consider that for your replacement project. That means that wood doors might help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even reduce noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in an assortment of ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. It’s simple to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for added light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the greatest door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are easily repairable. However, to keep them looking their best, they require regular painting or varnishing on a more timely basis.
The entryway is the focal point of any home. If you are seeking an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your space, visit with our Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna professionals about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Kelowna showroom or book an appointment with us online.