Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Kelowna, B.C. Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – few things are better than looking out your wood windows on a perfect, warm day in Kelowna. And with a small amount of spring-cleaning, those windows will shimmer, providing you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another material, no one enjoys streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind these few cleaning tips when you kickoff your spring-cleaning:
- While it seems better to clean with the sun out, the sun may actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is correctly cleaned, so take advantage of the cloudy day to get your cleaning completed.
- Having the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see the results.
- Always clean from the top when washing your windows. Doing so ensure the drips stay out of the area of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Utilize an old towel or paper towel and put it at the bottom of the window to catch any drips to keep them from getting on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, ensure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips slipped through, it will help protect the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a bit of TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the staff at Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna can help provide proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drive by the showroom in Kelowna today and check out which products are right for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.