The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated part of your home’s windows. They provide you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wishes, and with the number of styles and colors available, you can discover a combination to satisfy whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you can switch styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you choose, there are a few color choices to meet
your design expectations.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to provide more energy
efficient options than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make for a quick cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve taken a look at a handful of positives of window grilles, let’s read about the challenges that may come with window grilles.
- While there are a host of
designs available, some homeowners feel that certain grille styles can block their
view of the outdoors.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that needs to be cleaned, cleaning can be more of a headache.
- Replacement windows that tout grilles are typically more pricey than those without grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to buy replacement windows or you’re simply shopping around for your current home, window grilles could be a great addition to your next set of windows. There are a number of things to think about, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our pros, we’re sure you’ll find exactly what you’re searching for. Of course, with the variety of choices available, we suggest dropping by our Kelowna showroom, giving us a call at 250-863-7902 or arranging an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we can provide.