The ROI of Replacement Windows
Before you invest in an expensive home endeavor, it is crucial to focus on the positives you will see in the future and how the product will increase value to your life at home. From construction to price, the purchase of energy efficient replacement windows may be daunting to some homeowners, but the return on investment is greatly proven throughout the years after installation. After you buy Pella’s ENERGY STAR® certified windows, there are a few benefits you may start noticing:
- Energy bills are reduced. Once your windows are installed, you may see your heating and cooling costs decreasing. By replacing all single-pane windows in a home with ENERGY STAR certified windows, the average home can save an average of $101-$583 per year, according to ENERGY STAR. With support from companies like Pella, energy bills are going down for millions of people due to ENERGY STAR’s world-renowned mission.
- Rebate rewards*. The installation of energy efficient windows can also save you monetary value through rebates and tax credits. ENERGY STAR provides consumers with an easy-to-use rebate and special offer finder online. This allows browsers to look at what rebates are available in their location through a simple zip code entry.
- Green energy tax credits*. Energy efficient windows can also earn homeowners a green energy tax credit. If you are in a new or current home and install energy efficient windows that work with ENERGY STAR requirements, you could be allowed a ten percent tax credit up to a maximum of $200. Although the range depends on what state you live in, there are many tax reductions available for citizens aiding the country’s energy efficiency operation.
- Remodel for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2015 cost vs. value report, replacing your windows with new wood or vinyl windows should return 71 percent to 78 percent of the project cost after resale.
- Save your style. Not only is energy efficiency valued among window frames, but glass possibilities as well. Glass panes, such as Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Glass, can help protect your fabrics and furniture from aging.
Energy efficient options available at Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna can help maintain your home, possibly reduce your bills and let you live comfortably within your own home. To see Pella’s ENERGY STAR products firsthand, visit our showroom in Kelowna, or call us at 250-863-7902.
*Consult with your local Pella professional to determine which products are eligible. Consult with a qualified tax advisor to confirm eligibility. Pella Corporation and its sales partners assume no liability regarding the homeowner’s ability to obtain tax credits. For more information, visit energystar.gov/tax credits.