Tips and tricks for door replacement
Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the aesthetic that guests have when arriving at your Kelowna home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big change and call for a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna have a few things to take into account before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery around a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other out dated features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many additional features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major makeover.
Greet guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a great first impression. Check out the Pella Windows & Doors - Kelowna showroom in Kelowna, give them a call at 250-863-7902 or arrange an appointment online to discuss all the choices for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.