Window Style 101
Your window coverings can impact the style of your space. So, whether you’re going for a tranquil feeling or something lively to show off your personality, you’re bound to find an idea here! Here are couple tips to gussy up your windows.
- To establish a sense of drama or to make a smaller room feel bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a pop of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to express your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a quirky print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that covers your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a shade too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love changing things up for the season, or just like to change things up every little bit, try switching out the curtains in your main living area. You can go as festive as you’d like!
- If you’re having problems finding the best pattern for your curtains, don’t limit yourself to normal window curtains. Try looking for tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and elegant look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To dress up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a pretty ribbon to sea shells you discovered on vacation.